Skip to main content

We are the champions

We are the champions by {deepapraveen very busy with work..back soon




We are the champions.

Me writing about a musical album?May be bit weird, but dears this is a space we share about our passions right? So please do excuse me this time, let me express my beyond the time love for this ballad “we are the champions".

Many seasons back a nun and a teacher found out a school kid with her fellow shivering friends hiding behind a chemistry lab. The kids were so scared, they were about to perform a skit, but they were the only ones from a poor local school, without those colourful costumes and a professional trainer. They don’t have a proper script neatly typed either. They came in a local bus while all others have their own school bus with big colourful banners. Their uniforms were dull, different and pathetic in their appearance.  The kids felt as aliens so they decided to hide and not to participate in the art festival. 

But if you are a convent school product, you knew you are always accompanied by you nun teacher. Your tricks won’t work with them, they try to defend this satanic forces always. So those little devils were not an issue for that nun teacher. The kids were ready to receive the unavoidable but this time it was a song. “We are the champions" those were the first lines written in a diary. She placed the diary in front of the kids, clapped her hand and performed the song, asked the kids to join with her.

Was it the charisma of the nun, the song or the lyrics don’t know yet but it has a spark, the song did its job. The kids performed their skit and on their way back to their remote village school all those passengers in a local  bus heard 5 kids singing an English song louder than the waves  with a trophy in their hand. 

The kid grew up as a lady and later turned as a woman and she heard this song in many events she attended, she played this song when she is down, she shared this song with many like-minded music friends, felt the presence of this song in many other history making events. So how can she forgive when someone say "we are the champions is just an O.K song". I can’t.

I do have some friends who breathe music and one of those souls said this to me. Yes I do agree with you in many respect but not with this one, sorry mate.

“We are the champions 
No time for losers 
because we are the champions of the world”.

If thinking about my most favourite album this is sound which echo in my ears and I am sure I am not the only one with this experience. This is the most famous power ballad in the history of music from the legend Freddie Mercury.
 Some may say We are the champions may not be Queen’s or Freddie Mercury”s most famous album irrespective of its world-wide success and different musical recognition’s like Grammy Hall of fame entry, FIFA world cup official theme song in 1994 etc. But on a personal perspective this is the greatest album ever in the history of music which has the power to unite people under one sound and create a positive spark in them as Brain may rightly said once.
This is one song which is part of human history from 1977 onwards, we heard this song after many elections, as Stanley cup victory song, the colourful commonwealth games closing song and if you ask the kids who are crazy about video games they will this is their game song. For me this is a song which travels with time.  Freddie you are the soul of yours songs and you are living in your songs for ever. Thanks mate and a very happy birthday.
…………………………..

Note : Freddie Mercury is a musical legend born in India and later became the front man of world famous British musical band The Queen. AIDS virus took this life way in 1991 but the musical virus he created spread all around the globe and still in action. Today, Sep 5th is his 65th birthday.

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24.എന്റെ നഗരം...

എന്റെ നഗരം... ഒരേ സമയം എനിക്ക്‌ അന്യവും സ്വന്തവുമായ നഗരം... നരച്ച ആകാശവും നനഞ്ഞ വഴികളുമായി...എന്റെ മഴപുലരികളില്‍ എന്നെ കാത്തിരുന്ന നഗരം... ഒരു കൊചു ഗ്രാമത്തില്‍ നിന്നും കാലത്തെ എത്തുന്ന ചുവന്ന നിറമുള്ള ബസ്സിലെ അവസാന യാത്രകാരിയായി ഞാന്‍ എത്തുന്നതും കാത്തിരിക്കുന്ന നഗരം..എത്ര വര്‍ഷങ്ങള്‍ ആവുന്നു ഞാന്‍ ഇതേ വഴികളിലുടെ യാത്ര തുടങ്ങിയിട്ട്‌... ആദിയ യാത്ര...അത്‌ എന്റെ ഒര്‍മ്മയില്‍ ഇല്ല...അമ്മയുടെ ഓര്‍മ്മകളില്‍ അത്‌ ഉണ്ടാവും വലിയ ആസ്പത്രിയില്‍ ഒരു ചെറിയ പഴം തുണിയില്‍ പൊതിഞ്ഞ എന്നെയും ചേര്‍ത്ത്‌ കിടന്നത്‌ എനിക്ക്‌ പനിയായിരുന്നു അത്രേ വലിയ പനി...(എന്തോ പനിക്ക്‌ എന്നെ വലിയ ഇഷ്ടമാണു...ഒരിത്തിരി കുളിരു തന്ന് ഓര്‍മ്മ വെച്ച നാള്‍ മുതല്‍ അത്‌ എനിക്ക്‌ ഒപ്പം ഉണ്ട്‌) പിന്നീട്‌ ഒരു മല്‍സര വേദി തേടി തോള്‍ സഞ്ചിയില്‍ വാട്ടര്‍ ബാഗും കടല മിട്ടായിയും നിറച്ച്‌...വെള്ളയും നീലയും യൂണിഫോമില്‍..സാറാ റ്റീച്ചര്‍ടെ കൈ പിടിച്ച്‌ റോഡ്‌ ഓടി കടന്ന പാവാടക്കാരി ഞാന്‍ ആയിരുന്നു കാലങ്ങള്‍ക്കു ഇപ്പുറം കുന്നും മലയും പുഴയും കാവും കുളവും ഉള്ള നാട്‌ വിട്ട്‌...ഈ നഗരപ്രാന്തത്തിലെ കലാലയത്തിന്റെ ഭാഗമായപ്പൊ നോവും നൊമ്പരവും കലര്‍ന്ന നഗ

...

അവിവാഹിതയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് എഴുതിയാൽ അവൾ പ്രണയിനി വിവാഹിതയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് എഴുതിയാൽ അവൾക്ക് വിവാഹ പൂർവ ബന്ധം വിവാഹത്തിനും അപ്പുറം ജീവിതം ഉണ്ട് എന്നറിയുന്ന സ്വതന്ത്രയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് കുറിച്ചാൽ അവൾ അപഥ സ്ഞ്ചാരിണ്ണി ഒരുവളുടെ നീരീക്ഷണങ്ങൾ അവൾ ആണ് എന്ന് തീർപ്പ് കൽപ്പിക്കുന്ന സമൂഹത്തിനു നമ്മുക്ക് തീകൊണ്ട് തീർത്ത ത്രീഡി കണ്ണട കൊടുക്കാം സമീറ* നീ കരയാതിരിക്കു. .......................... പേര് സാങ്കല്പ്പികം എങ്കിലും ആ കണ്ണീർ പരിചിതം

I forgive the tears I was made to shed, I forgive the pain and thedisappointments, I forgive the betrayals and the lies, I forgive theslanders and intrigues, I forgive the hatred and persecution, I forgivethe blows that hurt me..

I forgive the tears I was made to shed, I forgive the pain and the disappointments, I forgive the betrayals and the lies, I forgive the slanders and intrigues, I forgive the hatred and persecution, I forgive the blows that hurt me.. , a photo by {deepapraveen very busy with work..back soon on Flickr. Dear, I don't know what are you doing now, at this moment, when I am writing this.  I just felt , I should be talking to you right at this very moment, before I change my mind. This moment is destined for talking to you.  Do you believe in signs? Do you believe in the magic of words? Do you believe in travelling with time and with in time? If you revert the question back to me my answer is I don't know. That means I am not sure about the answers. But I often came across them and asked me, ordered me or teased me to believe in them. Well, them may be suggestive but they were/are there, in my life. So I am just wondering have you ever felt the same? I want to tell you abou